Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Second Coming



















On his return to International football

"I would not want people to talk too much about it in case what I have to unveil gets badly interpreted, but what is happening to me is quite mystical and gets out of my control,'' Zidane said.

"This is even irrational and that's why I am the only person to be able to truly feel it.

"One night, at 3am, I suddenly woke up and I then spoke with someone. But no-one knows it. Neither my wife nor anyone else.

"Until I die I will never tell (who that person was), this is just too crazy. This is someone that you will probably never meet.

"During the hours that followed I was on my own with that person, at home, and I took the decision to come back.

"I had never experienced that before, I felt pushed by this force which dictated my behaviour. It was a revelation for me, I had to obey that voice that was advising me.''

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nuts? Whatever, good to see the champion back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange comments indeed. Hmmm... you should've titled it 'Inside the Mind of a Footballer' instead :^) Didn't he subsequently admit to it being his brother? - Agent Cookie

wenerd said...

He did admit later that it was his brother, out of pressure I suppose. No one could understand what the shit he was trying to say, so then he said "its my brother and I am not going to say anything more on this, ever". But the "voices" comment has now become legendary, as he has convinced 3 other retired (!) french stars to return for next year's world cup!